Princess Beatrice is ‘looking to postpone wedding entirely’ until 2021 amid the coronavirus pandemic, a royal expert has revealed.
The royal, 31, had initially been set to marry fiancé Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, 36, in the Chapel Royal of St James’s Palace in London on May 29, followed by a reception at Buckingham Palace.
But due to the coronavirus outbreak, the Queen’s granddaughter and Edo cancelled their reception earlier this month and were said to be looking at whether a private marriage with a small group of family and friends would be feasible.
Now, speaking on the Heirpod podcast, Omid Scobie revealed: ‘From what I’ve heard after speaking with sources was the couple are now looking at postponing entirely until 2021.’
Speaking on the podcast, Omid said: ‘We heard before that the Queen was hosting a reception at Buckingham Palace in the gardens, that’s no longer taking place.
‘The couple are now working with the Government and taking Government advice to decide whether even a private marriage might take place among a tiny group of friends and family.
‘From what I’ve heard after speaking with sources yesterday was the couple are now looking at postponing entirely until 2021..
Omid said the couple’s decision to potentially postpone the wedding was similar to one faced by many people in the current climate.