9 children, 10 others die in Madagascar after eating turtle



Nineteen people, nine of them children, have died from food poisoning in Madagascar after eating a turtle, sources said Thursday.



Thirty-four people were hospitalised on Monday in Vatomandry, in the east of the island, after eating the protected species, the Health and Food Safety Control Agency said.

Ten of them died, it said.

Another nine people, all of them children, died at home after eating meat from the same turtle, region's governor said.



Health authorities have warned against eating turtles, as well two dozen species of fish, which feed on algae that can be toxic during the November-March hot season.
[ads id="ads2"]


Dozens of food poisonings occur each year in coastal Madagascar and deaths are common.


Do You like this Article? Please You Can share it with the social icon below. Make sure you never miss any of it! Follow us on Twitter it will encourage us alot...
Click here to Subscribe to our Channel

0/Post a Comment/Comments

DISCLAIMER: Comments Posted here do not reflect the opinions of EsB TV or any of our employee

Previous Post Next Post
Recommended Post