9-year-old boy almost blinded after suffering rare 'covid eye'

9-year-old boy almost blinded after suffering rare 'covid eye'



9-year-old boy was almost blinded after suffering a rare 'covid eye' which kept him in the hospital during Christmas.



Year 5 pupil, Zac Morey lost his vision in his left eye less than a week after testing positive for Covid-19 along with his mother and four siblings on December 16. His eye completely closed up during the terrifying ordeal after he was diagnosed with orbital cellulitis, a skin infection that some scientists have linked to the virus.







Doctors at Bristol Royal Hospital for children, placed him on IV drip after his eye became severely swollen.

ADS

Zac has fully recovered, but his family have issued a warning over the unusual symptom.







His 37-year-old mother, Angela said;




‘His eye looked like it was going to explode. There was no way he could open it without pulling the skin. It was swollen beyond anything I’ve ever seen.

‘I thought it just been on the computer for seven days solid so didn’t think anything of it.
[ads id="ads2"]
‘But by Christmas Eve it was not good at all. We took him to hospital and he was put on an antibiotic drip until Boxing Day.

‘They said if it goes too far into the eye then it can cause blindness. The doctors said it was an allergic reaction to the virus that affects children.’







Zac was discharged from hospital on Boxing Day after undergoing an eye test that confirmed his vision had fully recovered.





Do You like this Article? Share it with the social icon below. Make sure you never miss any of it! Follow us on Twitter it will encourage us alot, Do you want to watch our video please subscribe to our youtube channel we have got some amazing stuff for you.
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel here

0/Post a Comment/Comments

DISCLAIMER: Comments Posted here do not reflect the opinions of EsB TV or any of our employee

Previous Post Next Post
Recommended Post