Thai actress dies after falling from speedboat on restaurant trip with friends


Thai actress dies after falling from speedboat on restaurant trip with friends

Thai actress Nida Patcharaweeraphong, 37, has died after falling from a speedboat during a restaurant trip.

Nida was heading towards a restaurant with friends when she fell into Chao Phraya river in Bangkok on Thursday, February 24.

She was reportedly seated on the back end of the boat but how she fell remains unclear.

Her friends soon noticed she was missing so the speedboat searched for the actress for 20 minutes.

When they didn’t find her, they decided to call local authorities, who sent a team of 30 divers to search the area.

Nida’s brother Dais Dejjab joined the search and rescue mission and saw “something floating” in the water. It was later identified to be the Thai actress.

He said: “The pain everyone in the family is going through is unbearable. We loved our sister so much and she brought us so much happiness.”

“I would like to thank everyone for their efforts. I came to take her back home now”

Nida’s distraught mother Panida Siriyuthyothin said her daughter was a good swimmer and she couldn’t believe what had happened.

She said: “Before that night she went missing I suddenly thought about her. I wanted to call her. When I heard the news, I could not believe it. I still hoped it wasn’t her.”

Doctors who performed an autopsy on Nida confirmed she died from drowning and found a deep gash on her left leg which may have been caused by the boat’s propeller.

Senior police chief at Nonthaburi station Major General Paisarn Wongwatcharamongkol said the owner of the speedboat could face charges for allegedly operating the vessel with an expired license.

He told local reporters: “We found that the speed boat had an expired license and the person who was driving it at the time Nida fell also had no license to drive.

“The two may face charges for causing death due to negligence but no formal charges have been filed.”

The speedboat’s owners Tanupat Lerttaweewit and the driver have been taken in for questioning by police.

Previous articleSad! Two reportedly die from freezing at Ukrainian border
Next articleQueen Elizabeth reunites with her grandchildren and greatgrandchildren as she makes remarkable recovery from Covid
I am a young father, enthusiastic media mogul, crime journalist, psychologist, and life coach, this blog is where I put out my work and also on my Youtube channel. For life coaches and articles to help you through hard times please read Thanks for reading my blog, I appreciate it and would love to see you back again. send out love to the world.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here