Woman commended for her bravery after trying to bite off attacker’s penis while he repeatedly raped her


Woman commended for her bravery after trying to bite off attacker's penis while he repeatedly raped her

A woman who tried to fight off a rapist by biting his penis when he stormed her home was commended for her “bravery and strength” as the intruder was sentenced to 18 years in jail.

Brian Brough, 36, gained access into the 60-year-old woman’s home after he knocked on her front door, pretending to be her neighbour’s friend.

The victim clenched her teeth onto the privates of Brian Brough as he forced her to conduct a sex act at the property in Salford, Greater Manchester.

The 60-year-old was left suffering from multiple bone fractures to her face after she was repeatedly raped and beaten up late at night on March 19 last year.

She managed to escape to a neighbour’s house and was rushed to hospital with a fractured jaw, missing teeth, black eyes, a broken nose and internal injuries.

Mark Kellet, prosecuting, described the ordeal and said: “Although she had never met the defendant before, as her neighbour’s name matched what he said, she opened the door and he came into the house asking to use the toilet.

“She went into the front room but was followed by the defendant and as she sat on the sofa he sat next to her and put his arm around her.

“He told her that he was a male escort and took his penis out, saying: ‘Look, this is what I do.’

“She told him that she was not interested, but he grabbed her head and forced it onto him.

“In response, she bit the defendant’s penis which prompted him to hit her in the face.”

Mr Kellet went on to say that Brough grabbed the victim by her hair and “dragged” her into the bedroom – she recalls coming in and out of consciousness.

The prosecutor said she tried to stop him from raping her but then he punched her which caused her to blackout again.

It was reported that Brough fled the scene with two stolen Samsung phones, bank cards, a Fitbit, alcohol and more.

The victim was taken to a rape crisis centre where medics identified a sample of Brough’s DNA. He was later arrested at Wigan market.


During his rape trial in November, Brough denied wrongdoing, turned down legal representation and refused to appear in court.

Brough has now been jailed for 18 years with an extended licence period of four years at Minshull Street Crown Court, Manchester.

He will have to serve a minimum of 12 years and will remain on the Sex Offenders Register for life.

After the sentencing, Detective Constable Leanne Jackson of Greater Manchester Police said: “He did not even have the decency to attend his trial and face up to his actions and instead refused to come out of his prison cell with the trial having to be heard in his absence.

“I also want to commend her bravery and strength throughout the investigation and trial as her determination to see this through has ensured we were able to secure a significant conviction.”

Previous articlePhotos: Prince William and Kate Brave The Rain As They Bond With Schoolchildren In The Bahamas
Next articleWoman turning 108 next month after surviving covid shares 5 secrets to long life
I am a young father, enthusiastic media mogul, crime journalist, psychologist, and life coach, this blog is where I put out my work and also on my Youtube channel. For life coaches and articles to help you through hard times please read emmanuelsblog.com. Thanks for reading my blog, I appreciate it and would love to see you back again. send out love to the world.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here