Update: Brooklyn subway shooting suspect Frank R. James arrested in New York (photos)


Update: Brooklyn subway shooting suspect Frank R. James arrested in New York (photos)

The suspect in New York City subway shooting on Tuesday April 12, has been arrested.

Frank R. James, 62, is accused of shooting 10 people and leaving at least 19 others injured in a horror attack on a Brooklyn subway during Tuesday’s rush hour.

At 8:24am, the gunman donned a gas mask on a packed N train travelling to Manhattan from Sunset Park and opened a gas canister. He then opened fire inside the train and on the station platform as it pulled into 36 Street.

A gun, magazines, gas canisters, and fireworks were recovered from the scene and the NYPD recovered a U-Haul van allegedly rented by Mr James.

The motive remains unclear but disturbing YouTube videos show Mr. James ranting about Mayor Eric Adams, gun violence, the subway system, and NYC’s mental health system.

James is facing a federal terrorism charge and a possible punishment of life in prison, authorities said.

He was arrested Wednesday afternoon, April 13, in Manhattan’s East Village neighborhood after police received a tip, New York Police Commissioner Keechant Sewell told reporters. James was taken into custody without incident, Sewell said.

A law enforcement source told CBS News that authorities believe the man who called Crime Stoppers and tipped authorities off to James’ whereabouts may have been James himself.

According to police sources, James called the NYPD, and told them that he was the man police are looking for and that he wants to turn himself in.

“I think you’re looking for me,” the caller reportedly said. “I’m seeing my picture all over the news and I’ll be around this McDonalds.”

They say he gave a name and a description of what he was wearing. He reportedly told police his phone was dying and that he would either be in McDonald’s charging his phone or in front when the police arrive.

By the time police responded, he had left the McDonald’s at East 6th Street and First Avenue.

When officers didn’t find him at the restaurant, they drove around the neighborhood looking for him. According to police sources, good Samaritans told police they thought the suspect was down the block.

James was then spotted standing at a kiosk charging his phone. He was arrested without incident at St. Mark’s Place and First Avenue, and he was transported to the 9th Precinct.

“My fellow New Yorkers, we got him,” Mayor Eric Adams said. “We got him.”

James is scheduled to appear in Brooklyn Federal Court on Thursday, according to John Marzulli, a public information officer for the U.S. Attorney’s Office, Eastern District of New York. An exact time was not given.

Previous articleIt’s great – Britney Spears raves over pregnancy sx
Next articleRussia ‘sanctions 398 members of US Congress’ as Kremlin hits back after Biden’s claimed that Putin has committed genocide in Ukraine
I am a young father, enthusiastic media mogul, crime journalist, psychologist, and life coach, this blog is where I put out my work and also on my Youtube channel. For life coaches and articles to help you through hard times please read emmanuelsblog.com. Thanks for reading my blog, I appreciate it and would love to see you back again. send out love to the world.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here