When Hamas attacked Israel
Hamas’s deadly assault on October 7 saw around 240 taken captive and at least 1,200 Israeli civilians killed.
In response, Israel has begun a siege on Gaza to take out the terror group for good.
‘There will be no cease fire….’
Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has insisted that there will be no ceasefire in the war against Hamas until all of the hostages are returned.
Abu Ubaida, the spokesman for Hamas said in an audio recording posted on the group’s Telegram channel that they’ve offered a deal.
‘Last week there was an effort from the Qatari brothers to release the enemy captives from women and children, in return for the release of 200 Palestinian children and 75 women detained by the enemy.’
The truce should include a complete ceasefire and allow aid and humanitarian relief everywhere in the Gaza Strip,’ he said.
Hamas thinks Israel is procrastinating
He accused Israel of ‘procrastinating and evading’ the price of the deal.
Discussing the war at a news conference in Tel Aviv on Saturday, Netanyahu said Israel ‘will not stop until we complete our mission’ and that its only goal is to win.
He said Hamas has ‘lost its grip’ on Gaza and there is now ‘no place to hide’.
Netanyahu said he still has daily contact with US President Joe Biden, and also has the ‘political and ethical support’ of the American administration.
Several world leaders have come to visit Israel to show support but there are ‘minorities that pressure the governments’, he said.
He urged the government to ‘not succumb to this pressure’ and said ‘our war is their war’.
‘No international pressure, no false accusations… will deviate us from our cause,’ he said.