Remains of Cheyann Klus who vanished five years ago after a night partying in Chicago are found


The remains of a young woman who went missing in Chicago more than five years ago have been found, authorities have confirmed.

Cheyann Klus was 22 when she was last seen on November 27, 2017 at her home in Downers Grove, Illinois, according to the DuPage County sheriff’s office.

She traveled into Chicago the night of December 1 of that year, and was never heard from again, authorities said.

In a statement, the Cook County Sheriff’s office told CBS News they worked with the DuPage County Sheriff’s office and the FBI to confirm Klus’ identity through dental records last week.

Cheyann Klus

‘The Sheriff’s Office will continue to work with Chicago Police to investigate the circumstances of her death, but we are grateful to help bring some measure of closure to Klus’ family,’ the sheriff’s office said.

Twelve days after Klus’ disappearance, a 911 call was made from her phone that pinged a cellphone tower at the Mallard Lake Forest Preserve (pictured), 20 miles from her boyfriend’s house and 18 miles from her home

Her family confirmed Cheyann’s remains were found in a Facebook post on Monday.

‘As her immediate family [father, sisters, brothers, nephews] in mourning, we ask for privacy as we grieve the unbearable loss of a daughter, sister, aunt, and a human being,’ the family wrote.

‘We plan to hold a private memorial service for Cheyann amongst us, but we hope that everyone can find solace in knowing that she has been found and respectfully laid to rest.

‘Please be mindful of the sensitive nature of these circumstances and the affects this can have for our family and other families who are dealing with missing loved ones.’

Chicago Police have yet to release details on the circumstances surrounding Klus’ death as investigation continues.

In 2017, investigators learned that Klus traveled to Chicago where she was last seen on the night of December 1 in the 2100 block of North Kilbourn in the Hermosa neighborhood.

Friends said she had left home to stay at her boyfriend Brian Biddle’s house, where there was an ‘all-day, all-night private party.’

Speaking to the Crime Watch Daily TV show in 2018, Cheyann’s friend Chad Chanapai said: ‘From what I understood, she took her laptop and maybe a few pieces of clothing, and that’s about it’.

‘[Biddle] said that she was being her normal self and that they were drinking and partying late into the night,’ said Chanapai.

The following day Biddle, 38, reportedly woke up and she was gone. Biddle was never a suspect or person of interest in her disappearance – and cooperated with police.

Twelve days later, a 911 call was reportedly made from her phone that pinged a cellphone tower at the Mallard Lake Forest Preserve, 20 miles from her boyfriend’s house and 18 miles from her home.

The 948-acre park was searched on December 22, 2017 but without success, and plans were made to try again when the weather improved.

More than 100 personnel and dog teams scoured the area for a second time but Klus was still not found.

Previous articleDOJ defending mask mandate on planes months after Biden said pandemic is ‘over’
Next articlePrince Harry is slammed for ‘giving ammunition to Iranian regime’ amid Taliban kill count comments
Ola Alabi
Ola Moses is a certified writer, He writes technically and creatively. He is the CEO of WORDSWORTH, a house where writing is made easier for all. He is a content creator at EsB TV, since 2019. He is a young man that showcases professionalism in all that he does, he was announced as Child and Green Foundation Person of the Year 2018, one of his many lists of honours.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here