Florida boy, 2, DIES after shooting himself in the head as parents shopped

19


A boy, 2, reportedly died after accidentally shooting himself in the head in a Walmart parking lot as his parents shopped for fireworks.

HOW IT HAPPENED

Nakyzi Odums’ parents left him alone in their vehicle on the afternoon before the Fourth of July as they went to purchase fireworks at a nearby stand, reported WALB. 

Witnesses said that his parents heard a gunshot and ran to their car and found him with a wound in the chest. 

HE COULDN’T BE SAVED

The toddler was rushed to a hospital in Douglas, Georgia, and then to a trauma centre in another state.

On Saturday, July 6, the Douglas Police Department wrote on Facebook that it ‘regrets to inform the community that the young child who suffered an accidental self-inflicted gunshot wound on July 3, 2024, has sadly passed away this afternoon’ at the trauma center in Jacksonville, Florida

WHAT WILL HAPPEN NOW?

It was not immediately known if the parents would face any charges in connection with the fatal shooting. There were no indications they had been arrested. 

Douglas Police Chief Brannen Pruette told The Independent: ‘You’re allowed to have a gun in the car, but when there’s a child involved, you need to make sure that the gun is secure so that the child doesn’t have access to it.’

Previous articleWoman CRUSHED to death by collapsing brick wall after truck rammed into home
Next articleItalian man KILLED his wife, then used her phone for months to pretend ‘she was alive’
Ola Alabi
Ola Moses is a certified writer, He writes technically and creatively. He is the CEO of WORDSWORTH, a house where writing is made easier for all. He is a content creator at EsB TV, since 2019. He is a young man that showcases professionalism in all that he does, he was announced as Child and Green Foundation Person of the Year 2018, one of his many lists of honours.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here