A mother of two tragically died during a New Year’s celebration event in Brazil after a ‘firework got caught in her clothes’.
The New Year’s celebration turned out to be fatal for the Brazilian woman who was killed by fireworks that got lodged in her clothes and exploded.
Elisangela Tinem, 38, was taking part in a beach celebration with her family in Praia Grande, Sao Paulo, when the fireworks display unfolded.
Elisangela’s children are reported to have witnessed her horrific death.
According to Metro News, a witness, Luiza Ferreira, 20, told Brazilian news portal G1 that there were a number of unlicensed fireworks displays on the beach.
‘I saw a huge flash just as it turned midnight, and I was hugging my mom, and then everyone started screaming,’ she said.
‘I saw a woman lying on the ground bleeding when I went to look, and the boy who was with her was also on the ground. Other people were running to get away from the area.’
According to the Municipality of Praia Grande, the celebrations allegedly included an unauthorised fireworks display that went wrong.
Following the terrible event, a homicide inquiry has been opened.