Boy, 17, DIES in ‘workplace accident’ on industrial estate as police arrest two men


Two people have been arrested after a 17-year-old boy died following a ‘workplace accident’ on an industrial estate in Bury, Greater Manchester.

Officers were called to Tile Street shortly after 10am today as fire crews and paramedics also attended the scene.

What Happened?

A 41-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of driving offences and gross negligence manslaughter, while a 36-year-old man has also been arrested on suspicion of gross negligence manslaughter.

Officers remained at the scene throughout Thursday, with both police and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) making enquiries. A number of police cars were seen parked up on private land at the end of Tile Street, beyond a gated area.

At The Crime Scene

Crime scene investigators were also seen taking photo evidence in the area at lunchtime. A number of people were seen coming and going from the scene throughout the afternoon, while the wider industrial estate was busy with businesses open.

A joint investigation is now underway between Greater Manchester Police and the HSE to establish the full circumstances surrounding the teenager’s death.

Eyewitnesses reported a large police presence and paramedics. 

READ ALSO: Dying man, 70, reveals to police that he is one of Japan’s MOST wanted men who has been on the run for nearly 50 years

Statement From Eyewitness

One worker said the incident had been described to them as an ‘accident’, but other workers in the area said they had been informed that someone ‘had been hit on the head’.

A worker at a scrapyard next to the scene said: ‘An ambulance tried coming into the yard. They said apparently somebody had been hurt. Loads of police came and we took them down there.’

A spokesperson for GMP said: ‘At around 10:10am today, officers were called to reports of concerns for welfare at a business premises on Tile Street, Bury. 

‘It was established that a 17-year-old boy was involved in a workplace accident and despite the best efforts of emergency services, he was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.’

Previous articleGrieving parents of man, 24, stabbed to death by HIS girlfriend, 47, say they ‘begged’ him to leave
Next articleA mother-of-three who stopped to HELP a stranded motorist was mowed down and killed by a world-leading cellist
Ola Alabi
Ola Moses is a certified writer, He writes technically and creatively. He is the CEO of WORDSWORTH, a house where writing is made easier for all. He is a content creator at EsB TV, since 2019. He is a young man that showcases professionalism in all that he does, he was announced as Child and Green Foundation Person of the Year 2018, one of his many lists of honours.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here