Princess Kate’s First Official Engagement After Surgery Announced

44
Princess Kate's First Official Engagement After Surgery Announced

The Princess of Wales’ first official engagement since her operation has been announced. Princess Kate is set to review Trooping the Colour on 8 June, one week ahead of the main event. 

According to the official Household Division website, it states: “Trooping the Colour reviewed by Her Royal Highness The Princess of Wales is identical to Trooping the Colour reviewed by His Majesty The King, with the exception that some additional mounted officers ride when His Majesty The King is present. 

“Taking part will be over 1400 soldiers of the Household Division and The King’s Troop Royal Horse Artillery, including 400 musicians from the Massed Bands, all of whom will parade on Horse Guards for the second of two formal Reviews.” 

Princess Kate’s review will include 250 soldiers from the Foot Guards who will line the processional route along The Mall. The soldiers will be inspected by the Princess in her role as the Colonel Irish Guards.

Trooping the Colour is a huge occasion on the royal calendar each year – with the King and his family out in force on the Buckingham Palace balcony. 

Buckingham Palace are yet to confirm whether King Charles will make an appearance, although the website states “Trooping the Colour reviewed by His Majesty The King” will take place on 15 June. The public celebration marks the monarch’s official birthday. 

This is the first official engagement of the year since Kate’s abdominal surgery in January. Her last public appearance was in December on Christmas Day. 

On Monday evening, the Princess was pictured for the first time since her hospitalisation forced her to step away from the public eye. 

Last week, Kensington Palace brushed off speculation surrounding her health following wild conspiracy theories on social media. 

A spokesperson for Kate said: “We were very clear from the outset that the Princess of Wales was out until after Easter and Kensington Palace would only be providing updates when something was significant.”

It comes as Buckingham Palace confirmed that Queen Camilla and Prince William will attend the Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey on Monday 11 March. 

The pair will be accompanied by the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh, the Princess Royal, the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and the Duke of Kent.

A pre-recorded video message from Head of the Commonwealth, King Charles, who is undergoing treatment for cancer, will be played during the service this year, Buckingham Palace said.  

Previous articlePrincess Anne’s Husband Sir Timothy Laurence Sports Facial Injury – Cause Revealed
Next articleGary Goldsmith Quizzed About Meghan Markle As He Admits Lack Of Communication With Niece Princess Kate
Mr Priceless
A young person with a passion for success and excellence to develop a professional career that encourages empowerment in the overall development of a person which is achieved through hard work. A Journalist with facts and a difference; standing by the truth all the time with interests in Science & Technology, Health, Celebrities' Lifestyle, Crimes, Education and Career Improvement.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here