BBC bosses STOP Giovanni Pernice’s travel show amid allegations against him

34

Giovanni Pernice‘s travel series has reportedly been shelved by BBC bosses, after an investigation was launched into claims surrounding his behaviour on Strictly Come Dancing.

Giovanni Pernice Updates

The dancer has been hit by a string of allegations from former celebrity partners on the BBC show, with the channel forced to investigate ‘serious workplace misconduct claims’ after three of his celebrity partners sought legal help.

BBC Makes the Decision

Now, it’s been claimed that despite hinting on social media that a second series could be in the works, BBC bosses have told Giovanni that his Adventures With show with Anton will not be renewed.

It comes after it was revealed he is ‘fully co-operating’ with the BBC’s investigation, and has launched a fight back by legal firm Schillings.

Giovanni Will Defend Himself

A source told The Sun: ‘Giovanni and Anton had conversations about another travel show and had discussed where they could go next after their trips to Sicily and Spain.

‘But Giovanni has now been told this won’t be happening and there will not be another series.

‘It’s embarrassing because he’d actively hinted about getting another run but all discussions are off and he’s been told the show is on the scrap heap now.’ 

Giovanni has also signed with talent agency Off Limits in a bid to rebuild his profile, after multiple Strictly co-stars remained silent on the claims he’s facing. 

On Wednesday Schillings confirmed they had been hired by the troubled Strictly dancer, in what television insiders describe as a ‘bold move’ after his former dancer Amanda Abbington and two other women instructed lawyers at Carter Ruck to complain to the BBC.

READ ALSO: Brit, 73, killed during turbulence on Singapore Airlines was on his ‘LAST big holiday’ with his wife

Schillings insisted Giovanni will ‘clear his name’ and ‘fully co-operate.’

In a statement, they said: ‘Giovanni… has instructed Schillings International LLP’, per DailyMail.

‘Schillings is engaging with BBC studios to provide it with Giovanni’s evidence to strongly rebut claims being made about him and confirm that Giovanni is fully cooperating with that process.

‘As with any reality TV show, when decisions are being made for entertainment reasons, the producers have a duty of care.’

Previous articleBoy, 15, KILLED girl, 7, while racing on stolen motorbike at up to 52mph – leaving her to die in the street
Next articleJennifer Lopez ‘disgusted’ by footage of ex-boyfriend Diddy beating Cassie – but wants to SAVE her marriage
Ola Alabi
Ola Moses is a certified writer, He writes technically and creatively. He is the CEO of WORDSWORTH, a house where writing is made easier for all. He is a content creator at EsB TV, since 2019. He is a young man that showcases professionalism in all that he does, he was announced as Child and Green Foundation Person of the Year 2018, one of his many lists of honours.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here