Israel PM Benjamin Netanyahu calls ceasefire deal that would ‘leave Hamas in power’ UNACCEPTABLE

37

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has rejected ceasefire proposals between Israel and Hamas amid mediated negotiations for a pause in the fighting.

About the Peace Proposal

The proposal will be made in return for the release of hostages held by Hamas have been going on in Egypt, but as it is, a deal appears some way off.

Mr. Benjamin says it would allow Gaza group to rebuild and possibly launch another attack in future.

Mr Netanyahu said agreeing such proposals would ‘leave Hamas intact’ and leave the possibility of another attack in future.

Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu Insists ‘There Will Be No Ceasefire In War Against Hamas Until Hostages Are Returned’

‘Surrendering to the demands of Hamas would be a terrible defeat for the State of Israel,’ he said in a video statement.

Why Israel Is Saying No

Mr Netanyahu said Hamas was ‘entrenched in its extreme positions, first among them the demand to remove all our forces from the Gaza Strip, end the war, and leave Hamas in power’.

He said it would allow more ‘massacres, rapes and kidnapping‘.

Details About the Proposal

The proposal put to Hamas had set out a three-stage process for an immediate, six-week ceasefire and partial release of Israeli hostages, with some sort of Israeli pull-out in exchange.

There was a brief ceasefire and prisoner and hostage swap last year, but it did not turn into a longer-term truce.

READ ALSO: Taxi driver boasted to his passengers ‘about being pulled over for speeding’ – then KILLED 16 minutes later

Israel Accuses Aljazeera

Mr Netanyahu also said on Sunday his cabinet had voted to close the local office of Qatar’s state-owned news broadcaster Al Jazeera.

Israel claims the channel has collaborated with Hamas.

‘Al Jazeera reporters harmed Israel’s security and incited against soldiers,’.Mr Netanyahu said. ‘It’s time to remove the Hamas mouthpiece from our country.’

The channel called the claims a ‘dangerous and ridiculous lie’ that threatens its reporters’ safety and said it would pursue ‘every legal step’.

‘The background of this (shutdown) decision is not professional or journalistic… it’s political,’ said Waleed Omari, bureau chief of Al Jazeera in Israel and the Palestinian territories.

Previous articleEmily Blunt reveals ‘kissing and smooching’ some of her Hollywood co-stars made her want to FALL SICK
Next articleFurious Tom Brady tells Jeff Ross to STOP ‘rude’ joke about Kraft massage incident
Ola Alabi
Ola Moses is a certified writer, He writes technically and creatively. He is the CEO of WORDSWORTH, a house where writing is made easier for all. He is a content creator at EsB TV, since 2019. He is a young man that showcases professionalism in all that he does, he was announced as Child and Green Foundation Person of the Year 2018, one of his many lists of honours.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here