Prince Harry and Meghan
Markle’s failure to land a photo op with Queen Elizabeth II and other senior
royals with baby Lilibet at last week’s Platinum Jubilee is a bitter
disappointment for Netflix executives, according to self-proclaimed royal
expert Angela Levin.
The noted Prince Harry and Camilla
Parker Bowles biographer dropped the bombshell Tuesday during an
appearance on the British talk show “GB News,” the Daily Mail reported.
“I heard Netflix wanted these
pictures of them with the royals,” Levin said of the alleged photo bombing of a
different sort. “Because they would have sold it. It would be very valuable,
very valuable to them.”
The streaming platform green-lighted
the runaway Sussexes’ much-hyped “at-home” docuseries in May — but
the cameras were reportedly banned from the Jubilee as part of the
“Sandringham agreement” made when the couple quit their royal roles back
in January 2020.
The outspoken Levin was
weighing in on the new photo controversy that emerged when Harry, 37, and
Markle, 40, introduced Lilibet, 1, to Elizabeth for the first time last
Wednesday, after jetting to the UK to partake in the Platinum Jubilee
Reports from multiple
other outlets claim that the California-based couple wanted their personal
photographer to take happy snaps of the 96-year-old monarch and Lilibet —
but were snubbed, with one anonymous source claiming they were told: “No
chance. It was a private family event,” the Sun originally reported. That
same birdie also claimed Elizabeth’s minders were worried that Harry and Markle
would leak the photos to US television networks.
However, a source with
knowledge of the situation told The Post that claim is bunk, stating that “they
just enjoyed a private and intimate visit with the Queen.” They added that the
Sussexes didn’t even bother asking for photos as the 96-year-old monarch
wasn’t feeling well — an explanation that Levin rebutted.