Corenswet, 29, who will debut as Clark Kent in 2025’s Superman: Legacy, put on a stunning display back in October as he filmed a romantic beach scene with Lucy Boynton for The Greatest Hits – but all eyes quickly went to the star’s manhood in his swimming attire.
The photos showed Corenswet – who has replaced Henry Cavill as the man of steel – frolicking with and passionately kissing co-star Boynton in the surf, with followers quipping they were ‘pregnant‘ from just looking at the snaps.
Further eye-popping remarks saw the star branded ‘big d*** Superman’ while others wrote: ‘that man is armed!’, ‘helpppp Superman!’, ‘his physique looks like he has the endurance of a mountain.’
Others penned: ‘He’s super all right’ and commented on the size of his ‘bulge’.
Corenswet, who has never taken on a leading role in a major studio production before, will portray Clark Kent in the rebooted film series alongside Rachel Brosnahan, 32, as Lois Lane, replacing Amy Adams, reports Deadline.
Corenswet played Jake alongside Lili Reinhart in 2022 Netflix film Look Both Ways and has previously also starred in Hollywood, The Politician, and A24 film, Pearl.
Superman: Legacy will be released on July 11, 2025 and is described as about Superman balancing his
Kryptonian heritage with his human upbringing.
Corenswet and Marvellous Mrs Maisel star Brosnahan were along a select few testing for DC co-chairs Peter Safran and director James Gunn in full costume and make-up.
The tests took place over two days with three actors in ‘full Superman attire’ – following a months-long search for the new stars.
Sources told the publication said each actor ‘had closed test deals that would expire after two business weeks’ and wanted it sorted before a potential SAG-AFTRA strike, which could start at midnight June 30.
The other actors battling it out for the Superman role were British stars Tom Brittney and Nicholas Hoult, while Phoebe Dynevor and Emma Mackey were pipped at the post to the role of Lois.
In January new DC Studios bosses Gunn and Safran defended their decision not to bring back Cavill, 40. as Superman as they rebooted the DC Universe with a new over-arching storyline.
‘We didn’t fire Henry. Henry was never cast,’ said Gunn during a presentation to reporters announcing plans for five new DCU films and five new TV series, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Cavill, who was widely expected to return as the man of steel after appearing in a credits teaser for Black Adam in October, announced the ‘sad news’ that Gunn and Safran did not plan to bring him back in December.
‘I have just had a meeting with James Gunn and Peter Safran and it’s sad news, everyone. I will, after all, not be returning as Superman,’ Cavill began.
‘After being told by the studio to announce my return back in October, prior to their hire, this news isn’t the easiest, but that’s life,’ he added.
‘The changing of the guard is something that happens. I respect that. James and Peter have a universe to build,’ he added.
‘I wish them and all involved with the new universe the best of luck, and happiest of fortunes,’ he added.