Prince Harry And Meghan Markle’s £80million Netflix Deal And Projects Are Thrown Into Chaos 

250
Prince Harry And Meghan Markle's Bombshell Netflix Documentary Is Nominated For A Major Hollywood Award Prince Harry And Meghan Markle's £80million Netflix Deal And Projects Are Thrown Into Chaos 

Production on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s future Netflix projects has become “difficult” due to the Hollywood writers’ strike, according to a source close to the couple.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex released a six-part documentary called ‘Harry and Meghan’ last December – the first project to emerge from the £80 million deal they signed with the network in 2020, shortly after stepping down as working royals.

Three weeks later, on New Year’s Eve, they released their second Netflix production ‘Live to Lead’, which was about world leaders who have fought for social justice.

Now the couple is said to be in talks for a third Netflix documentary about humanitarian issues in South Africa, in which they will meet local communities.

But that’s what a source close to the Sussexes told me The Daily Telegraph that it was “difficult” to move forward with Netflix projects because of the ongoing US writers’ strike.

Hilary Duff, Bob Odenkirk, and Kevin Bacon are among the stars who have joined fellow actors on the picket lines during the biggest industrial strike in 60 years.

Strikes took place outside major Los Angeles studios yesterday, including Netflix, Warner Bros., Disney and Paramount, but two were cut short due to the heat.

The action began Friday after contract negotiations between the Actors’ union Sag-Aftra (Screen Actors’ Guild and the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists) and the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers (AMPTP) fell through.

About 160,000 actors are now on strike across the US, along with the 11,500 Writers Guild of America (WGA) members who walked out on May 2.

It is the first time that both unions have gone on strike since 1960 when Sag-Aftra was led by former US President Ronald Reagan.

Now the ongoing strike is also affecting plans for Harry and Meghan’s next Netflix documentary, which will see them visit South Africa – with the action meaning they can’t move forward with production just yet.

No official announcement has yet been made as to what the new program will be about, but the Sunday mirror reported last month that the pair could be shown helping to build homes in villages they visit.

A source told the newspaper that cameras will follow the Sussexes “as they visit connections and share medical education,” with the production being a combined project between Netflix and the couple’s Archewell Foundation.

The source added: “Meghan especially wants to share information about safe childbirth with the women she meets.”

Got a notification Page six claimed it could be a solo production for Harry, following in the footsteps of his mother Princess Diana, who also went to Africa to raise awareness of landmines.

Previous articlePro-Putin War Reporter Killed By ‘Cluster Munitions’ Strike
Next article‘Ukraine’ Launches Another Drone Attack On Moscow: Explosions Rock The Russian Capital As UAVs Target The Ministry Of Defence
Mr Priceless
A young person with a passion for success and excellence to develop a professional career that encourages empowerment in the overall development of a person which is achieved through hard work. A Journalist with facts and a difference; standing by the truth all the time with interests in Science & Technology, Health, Celebrities' Lifestyle, Crimes, Education and Career Improvement.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here