Girl fighting for life after contracting DEADLY bacteria ‘at Christmas market’

421

A teenage girl was left fighting for her life in intensive care after contracting a rare condition believed to have been caused by an acute bout of food poisoning.

Jemima Hay has launched a fundraising page for younger sister Antonia, 17, who fell ill after visiting a Christmas market in Buckinghamshire late last month.

The aspiring actress was found to have likely contracted Shiga toxin-associated haemolytic uraemic syndrome (STEC-HUS), caused by e.coli.

READ ALSO: Husband ‘KEPT wife’s dead body on floor and let DOGS eat her foot’

Her sister describes how she has endured several surgeries, including having part of her bowel removed, adding the ‘nightmare’ ordeal has ‘left our family broken’.

Antonia was allowed to spend Christmas Day at home, she adds, before heading back to hospital on Boxing Day for more treatment.

The fundraiser has generated more than £7,000 in donations since it was launched a week ago.

Jemima writes of her sister: ‘She is currently lucky to be alive and has continued to show amazing determination and strength throughout this time, despite the immense stress, pain and trauma – all combined with an extreme phobia of injections.’

Previous articleMan says he FORGIVES wife for cutting off his penis and flushing it down toilet
Next articleMan ARRESTED for having s3x chat with a 14-year-old girl one month after he relocated to England
Ola Alabi
Ola Moses is a certified writer, He writes technically and creatively. He is the CEO of WORDSWORTH, a house where writing is made easier for all. He is a content creator at EsB TV, since 2019. He is a young man that showcases professionalism in all that he does, he was announced as Child and Green Foundation Person of the Year 2018, one of his many lists of honours.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here