Woman accidentally swallows AirPod after mistaking it for a VITAMIN


A woman has revealed that she accidentally swallowed her AirPod while distractedly talking to a friend because she mistook it for a vitamin.

Tanna Barker, a 52-year-old realtor from Utah, went viral on TikTok when she shared the ’embarassing’ story of how she ate one of her AirPods.

Now, many viewers have sent her advice as she waits for the wireless headphone to naturally pass.

‘Okay, I’m gonna be very vulnerable right now,’ she began the video, which has been viewed more than 2.7m times since it was posted on Saturday 9 September.

How it happened

‘I had a situation happen this morning that I’m still dealing with.’

Barker explained that she was on her morning walk when she ran into her friend, Kathleen, who she hasn’t seen in quite some time.

‘She was filling me in on her life and it’s been very, very busy and full and a lot went on, actually,’ she said.

However, Barker couldn’t hold back her laughter as she recounted: ‘Halfway through my walk, I decided to take my vitamins. So I put my vitamins in, took a drink and I was like: ‘‘Man, those are stuck.’”

She then ‘guzzled’ her water to wash the vitamin down, said goodbye to her friend, and kept going on her walk.

But when she went to reach for one of her AirPods, she realised it wasn’t in her pocket.

‘My pills were in my hand. I swallowed my AirPod,’ Barker said, laughing.

READ ALSO: Thug who dragged his girlfriend by her hair during vicious attack on her birthday AVOIDS jail

Much like anyone would do in Barker’s situation, she quickly called friends and professionals in the medical field who ‘all suggested the same thing’ – to let the AirPod pass naturally.

‘I don’t know if anyone has ever done that, it’s embarrassing, but I did it and we’ll see what happens. I’m gonna follow the advice of professionals,’ she added.

What medical professionals say

Barker’s viral video has since received thousands of comments from TikTok users, a majority of them mostly curious whether the AirPod was still working inside Barker’s body and if she can hear music from her stomach.

Barker explained that she was told by medical professionals to let it pass naturally, and that it shouldn’t cause any harm because the battery is encased in the AirPod.

‘One of them said: ‘’Well did she swallow both?’’ He said that’s when it could probably cause a problem because the magnets, they could be attracted,”’ she explained.

Previous articleMarried-father-of-three is JAILED after sexually abusing young girl while his wife was at church
Next articleMother was tortured, locked up – she was found after neighbors saw MAGGOTS coming from her flat
Ola Alabi
Ola Moses is a certified writer, He writes technically and creatively. He is the CEO of WORDSWORTH, a house where writing is made easier for all. He is a content creator at EsB TV, since 2019. He is a young man that showcases professionalism in all that he does, he was announced as Child and Green Foundation Person of the Year 2018, one of his many lists of honours.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here