A couple has been left sifting through the poo of their dog after it ate $4,000 (£3,150) in cash.
How it happened
Carrie Law, 33, revealed their pet Cecil had gotten into a stash on the kitchen counter where the family had put their money.
It was Carrie’s partner, Clayton, who discovered the dog’s antics and raised alarm.
The couple had no choice but to pick through dog poo to recover what they could of their funds.
The shock discovery
Carrie says she ‘almost had a heart attack’ when she heard Clayton yell about the dog eating up their potential savings.
She recalled: ‘Suddenly Clayton yelled to me, ”Cecil’s eating $4,000!” I thought, “I cannot be hearing that.” I almost had a heart attack.’
The panicked pair had withdrawn the money from their joint savings account and it took just a half hour of the cash resting on their kitchen table before Cecil started ingesting their bills.
No medical treatment was needed for the dog though Carrie and Clayton, 34, were left sifting through dog poo to retrieve their chewed up bills.
How bank helps the pair
Thankfully, the bank are willing to take back any bills where the serial number is still visible.
Carrie said: ‘There we are at the utility sink. [We were] washing this sh***y money, yelling ‘’Yay! Yes! We got one!’’ It smelled so bad.’
She later joked of how she was never ‘able to say I’ve laundered money, but there is apparently a first time for everything’.
The couple posted a video of their experience sifting through the waste on Instagram.