Masked knifemen ransack family home, take daughters hostage and vow to kill son


A terrified dad says his family has been left ‘broken’ after a masked gang took his young daughters hostage with knives and ransacked their house in a dangerous raid.

Mohammed Ali, 39, was awoken by the ‘panicked screams’ of his two girls, aged seven and 12, after four armed robbers burst through the front door with machetes, a meat cleaver and a brick.

When the 39-year-old leapt from his bed, he was confronted by two of the intruders holding metre-long machetes on the stairs of his family’s semi-detached four-bedroom home in Oldham, Greater Manchester. Metro reports.

The HGV driver first saw two intruders on the stairs as another held a knife against the throats of his daughters, aged seven and 12, in the living room.

Seconds later, his 18-year-old son emerged from his upstairs bedroom and one of the men then chillingly shouted ‘kill him, kill him’ before advancing towards the teenager.

HGV driver Mohammed said he pushed his son back into his bedroom and ran to a bathroom, where they took refuge while the robbers hacked at the doors with their machetes.

After a horrifying five-minute ordeal, the brutes finally fled the property but stole his white Seat Leon car from the driveway after finding the keys.

Mohammed, who has no idea why the thugs targeted his home, said he feels like he’d ‘failed’ his family following the traumatic incident.

He said: ‘My daughter said one of them had a knife and he was saying, “it’s all your dad’s fault, be f****** quiet,” and was putting a knife to her neck.

‘They all had gloves and everything, but you could see their eyes through the balaclava – and their voice, I could never forget it.

‘I’ve not slept since. My family is broken. My kids wouldn’t come home.

‘It was my daughter’s birthday yesterday, and literally everything is spoiled and I don’t know what to do or what to say to them. I feel like I’ve failed them.’

Mohammed said he’d gone to bed at 9.30pm on May 9, leaving his youngest son, five, and two daughters watching TV downstairs.

His wife Michelle Dunkley, a 40-year-old make-up artist, had forgotten her keys when she left the house for work that evening so he’d unlocked the door before heading upstairs.

But at 11pm, he heard a high-pitched shriek from one of his daughters before he found the two men on the stairs.

He said: ‘It wasn’t a scream where the kids were fighting. This was a panicked scream, a worried scream. I knew as a parent this was not normal.

‘As I was trying to get down the stairs, I was faced by three guys in balaclavas. Two were on the stairs, one at the bottom, and one had my kids downstairs.

‘I started screaming: “Get out! Get out!”. They started swearing at me. My son had the room next to the stairs, and when he came out, they said: “Kill him! kill him!”

‘I pushed him into his room and closed the door, and they started coming up the stairs. I went to the bathroom, which was right behind me. I was just screaming: “Make sure they don’t get to you!”

‘They started hacking at the doors with the machetes, and while they were hacking it, the third guy was ransacking my house.’

Mohammed said he spent a petrifying five minutes holding the door shut, hoping the men wouldn’t break through.

When he realised they had made their way down the stairs, he heard the revving of his car engine and noticed they were trying to steal it.

He added: ‘I was still half asleep. I was dazed and in a panic and I didn’t know if they’d got my son or my other kids downstairs.

‘Once my car started and they were driving off, I gave chase then went inside and saw my kids were alright.’

Despite their trauma, Mohammed said his children were thankfully unharmed and, besides his vehicle, the gang only took a box of his daughter’s miniature dolls.

But after he shared footage of the robbery on social media, he said another family in nearby Rochdale reported the same gang had attacked them just an hour later.

The disturbed dad said he reported the attack to Greater Manchester Police but didn’t believe they were taking the incident seriously.

He said: ‘It’s absolutely disgraceful. I left it with the police. But it’s like they’re not bothered.

‘They will only take action when someone is seriously hurt or dead but I don’t want that on my conscience.’

Previous articleMan accused of licking a child’s feet is arrested again for attempting to commit the same crime
Next articleDid Harry And William Really Stop Talking To Each Other After He Announced That He Was Leaving His Royal Duties, Or Is It Made Up By The Media To Spread Hatred
Ola Alabi
Ola Moses is a certified writer, He writes technically and creatively. He is the CEO of WORDSWORTH, a house where writing is made easier for all. He is a content creator at EsB TV, since 2019. He is a young man that showcases professionalism in all that he does, he was announced as Child and Green Foundation Person of the Year 2018, one of his many lists of honours.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here